In this hands-on lab, you’ll be working to better understand network namespaces, Ethernet bridges, VETH (virtual Ethernet) pairs, and how you can create them and connect them to form infrastructure. You’ll first create a couple of network namespaces and verify their configuration. You’ll then populate the network namespaces with Ethernet bridges, assign IP addresses to the bridges, and attempt connectivity between the network namespaces.
You’ll realize that there is more connective configuration needed, and then set up a VETH pair and connect that between the 2 network namespaces’ Ethernet bridges, and then verify they can reach each other via the VETH pair and Ethernet bridges.
**Note:** Make sure to elevate to `root` once logged in.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Set Up and Test Network Namespace Connectivity
- Create and verify network namespaces.
- Display and configure local interfaces.
- Query and verify the interface status.
- Populate Network Namespaces with Ethernet Bridges
- Create network bridges in each network namespace.
- Add IP addresses to the network bridges.
- Confirm IP address and network bridge status.
- Attempt to test connectivity between network namespaces.
- Connect Network Namespaces with VETH Pairs
- Set up VETH pair connecting links between network namespaces.
- Connect the VETH pair to the network bridges.
- Configure the links in each network namespace.
- Test connectivity between the network namespaces.