In this hands-on lab, you’ll be working to take a simple script and build an RPM package out of it, including setting up the build environment, positioning source files properly, preparing a suitable `.spec` file for the package to be built from, and then building the RPM package itself. You’ll then verify the package was properly built, query it for information about the package, install the package and verify the files it contained are located properly on the system, and finally run the script file itself for a confirmation message.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Prepare the RPM Build Environment
- Download the source files from GitHub.
- Prepare the
- Install the
- Position the source files.
- Create Spec File and Build a Package
- Create a
- Fill out the specifics for the package.
- Verify the file is ready for the build.
- Build and confirm the package’s existence.
- Create a
- Query, Install Package, and Verify Installation
- Query package information details.
- Query package file list information.
- Install and verify package details.
- Execute the installed script.
- Sign an Existing RPM Package with GPG
- Generate GPG keys.
- Export keys and import to RPM.
- Setup the
- Sign and verify your RPM package.