In this hands-on lab, we will learn how to provision and configure a Cosmos DB instance in the Azure portal.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a Cosmos DB Instance in the Azure Portal
- In the Azure portal, navigate to the Azure Cosmos DB service.
- Add a new Cosmos DB account with the following settings:
- API: Core (SQL)
- Apply Free Tier Discount: Do Not Apply
- Location: (US) Central US
- Geo-Redundancy: Enabled
- Multi-region Writes: Disabled
- Disable the Free Tier Option
- Configure Cosmos DB
- In the Azure Cosmos DB dashboard, select Replicate data globally, and add the West US region.
- Set the default consistency to Eventual.
- Create a new .Net "Items" container.
- Set the indexing policy of the new container to "lazy".
- Configure an alert with the following parameters:
- Condition: Whenever the Provision Throughput is less than 50
- Alert rule name: Provisioned Throughput Alert
- Severity: 1