Whether you are using a disk partition, or a logical volume to store your data, you will need to put a file system on top of it before you can put it to use. In this hands-on lab, we will create, mount, unmount, and use vfat, ext4, and xfs file systems. In addition, we will mount, and unmount network file systems using NFS.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create, Mount, Unmount, and Use VFAT, ext4, and XFS File Systems
- Query available disks.
- Partition the disks with primary, extended, and logical partitions.
- Format the various partitions with ext3, ext4, xfs and vfat filesystems.
- Mount, verify function, and then ensure the filesystems are persistent across reboots
- Mount and Unmount Network File Systems Using NFS
- Determine the NFS Server status.
- Create and share an exports directory via NFS.
- Query and mount the exports on another system.
- Ensure that share will be mounted persistently.
- Verify files are being created and shared properly.