In this hands-on lab, students will be required to extract only the valid data from different sources and formats, combining them into one cohesive output.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Convert the CSV File to a PostgreSQL Table
- Convert the CSV file to a PostgreSQL database table by creating a new table and loading the data from the CSV file using the copy command.
- Query the Data in PostgreSQL
- Query the data by joining the newly created users table with the contacts table on the ID column and selecting only the rows with a valid expense code (100, 200, or 300).
- Export the Query Results to a CSV File
- Export the valid names and email addresses to a new CSV file using the copy command.