Your team wants you to use a python application to deploy through Google Cloud App Engine. From there, they would like for you to deliver 2 different versions to the end-users to A/B test to see which version does best!
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Deploy the App Engine Service
- Launch GCP Cloud Shell.
- Initialize App Engine.
- Set the region to us-central.
- Clone the GitHub repo.
- Deploy the application.
- Verify the application reaches the "Hello World!" test page.
- Create 2 Versions of the Application
- Open Cloud Shell to access the IDE.
- Find the
python-docs-samples > appengine > standard_python3 > hello_world/main.pyfile.
- On line 28, replace "Hello World!" text with "Hello, Cloud Gurus!"
- Save the file.
- Head back to the Cloud Shell terminal.
- Deploy the second version.
- Navigate to App Engine.
- Split traffic and have each version serve 50% traffic to each.
- Test each version. You should be able to see both versions when using each ID.