In this Hands-On Lab you will download and configure a VSFTPD server and then connect to it to test it is working.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install and deploy the VSFTPD server software
Using system commands install and configure the vsftpd software and any other software that is required.
- Walk through the configuration file
Examine the configuration file.
- Change settings regarding Anonymous user access for securing our server
Change the settings for the Anonymous user.
- Test access to the VSFTP server.
Test the access to the newly installed service.
- Review the PAM module and other external files for allowing and denying user access
Review the PAM Modules and other files as required.