In this Hands-On Lab, you will deploy an NFS server, create shares, and then learn to mount them manually and automatically based on course objectives.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install and configure NFS server software
Using the appropriate commands, install what is required for the NFS Server. Then configure it if required.
- Explore the NFS server configuration files
Examine the configurations files for use with NFS.
- Disable SELinux (not an LPIC-2 objective) if it is active
While it’s not an objective for the LPIC-2 exam, you should disable SELinux on your cloud server. Check to ensure that SELinux is disabled.
- Enable and start the server process
Using the correct commands, enable and then start the services as needed.
- Install and configure client utilities
As required, install and configure the client utilities.
- Create mount point on our client and test mount the share
This server can be both a server and a client. Mount the client on a mount point.
- Add persisitant configuration so the share is mounted on reboot of the client
Do the tasks required to create a persistent configuration that will mount the share on a system start or restart.