A great way to reduce your expenses in AWS and achieve cost optimization is by optimizing your storage. You can create lifecycle rules to help transition your data to meet the actual usage needs of accessing that data, which will not only optimize your storage but also save you money. In this lab, we will create an S3 bucket, upload an object, and then create and configure an S3 lifecycle rule.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an S3 Bucket
- In the AWS Management Console, click on Services.
- Under Storage, select S3.
- Create a new S3 bucket with a unique name.
- Upload an object to our newly created bucket.
- Create and Configure a New S3 Lifecycle Policy
- Create and configure a new S3 lifecycle policy to move our current version from S3 Standard Storage class into Glacier after 30 days.
- Create another transition to move our previous versions from S3 Standard Storage to Glacier Deep ARchive after 90 days.