Your company needs to ensure that backups are in place for all file shares. File versioning is also important, because employees are often modifying files within the file share. To test functionality, you are tasked with taking a shapshot of a file share and restoring it to your Windows machine.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a Storage Account and File Share
- Open the Azure Portal and create a new storage account.
- Create a file share named
- Connect File Share to Windows VM
- Disable the Windows Firewall and connect the file share to the provided Windows VM using the PowerShell script located in the Azure portal.
- Take a Snapshot and Restore Data
- Take a snapshot using the built-in mechanism in the Azure portal.
- Change the file
ACG.txtin some way and save the changes.
- Restore from a snapshot to a different location on the Windows VM.