In this hands-on lab, you’ll author a Lambda function using the Python programming language in the AWS console. You will also review logs generated by CloudWatch.
**Note:** There have been UI changes to the Lambda console. Please keep this in mind as you are going through this lab.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Author Lambda Function in Python
- Create a Lambda function from scratch selecting the latest Python version as your runtime.
- Copy the code from the example Lambda function code.
- Save and deploy your Python Lambda function after adding the sample code.
- Create a Test Event and Execute Lambda
- Create a test event.
- Configure the test event using the example JSON test event provided.
- Verify That CloudWatch Has Captured Function Logs
View the CloudWatch Logs for the Python Lambda function.