Learning about storage and how it’s used is a pretty important component to learning cloud! In this hands-on lab, we will create a Cloud Storage bucket, folder, upload an object to the folder and make it public.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create Bucket
In the lab, the correct project is already selected, but in the real world, if you have multiple projects, you would want to choose the appropriate project before starting.
- From Google Cloud console’s main navigation, choose Storage.
- Click Create a Bucket.
- Give your bucket a name—it has to be globally unique— and click Continue.
- Select Region as the location type and US-Central-1 as the region, then click Continue.
- Select Standard as the storage class, then click Continue.
- Under Access Control, select fine-grained, then click Continue.
- Under Encryption, we will leave it on Google-Managed-Key.
- Click Create.
- Create Folder, Upload an Object, and Make Bucket Public
- Once inside the bucket, click Create Folder.
- Give your folder a name, then click Create.
- Click on your folder name hyperlink to access the folder.
- Select Upload files to upload a file into your folder.
- Click on Bucket details to move back into the bucket level and out of your folder.
- Highlight your bucket and click on the three dots on the right of your bucket.
- Select Add Member.
- Under New Members, type in allUsers.
- Select the role Cloud Storage and then select Storage Object Viewer.
- Click Save.