You need to deploy a Windows server with IIS installed via CI/CD Pipeline. Given the appropriate ARM templates, deploy this virtual machine (VM) to Azure using Azure DevOps.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Azure DevOps Organization
- Log in to the Azure portal using the provided credentials.
- Search for Azure DevOps from the Services menu.
- Create a new organization and project named MyFirstProject.
- Push Code to Azure Repos
- Log in to the Linux virtual machine provided with this lab.
- Clone the
DSCbranch of the repository from GitHub.
- Remove the GitHub origin.
- Copy the commands from Azure Repos to add the new remote origin, then push the code.
- Create CI/CD Build and Release Pipelines
- Create a new Azure build pipeline in the classic editor.
- Add the appropriate tasks to copy and publish the ARM template to the artifact staging location.
- Create a new release pipeline in Azure DevOps.
- Use the artifact created in the previous objective.
- Create the necessary task to deploy the ARM template.
- Create a service connection using the service principal provided.
- Ensure that the service connection is used within the release pipeline task.
- Utilize variables for template override parameters for the
adminPasswordfor the Windows VM.
- Verify Successful IIS Installation on Windows VM
- Download the RDP file for the newly created Windows VM.
- Connect to the VM using an RDP client appropriate for your operating system.
- Utilize the same credentials for the
adminPasswordvariables to log in to the VM.
- Navigate to a web browser via
runor a browser and visit
http://localhostto verify that the IIS splash page loads without issue.