You need to deploy a Windows server with IIS installed via CI/CD Pipeline. Given the appropriate ARM templates, deploy this virtual machine (VM) to Azure using Azure DevOps.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Azure DevOps Organization
- Log in to the Azure Portal using the provided credentials.
- Search for Azure DevOps from the services menu.
- Create a new organization and project named "MyFirstProject".
- Push Code to Azure Repos
- Log in to the Linux virtual machine provided with this lab.
- Clone the
node-expressbranch of the repository from GitHub.
- Remove the GitHub origin.
- Copy the commands from Azure Repos to add the new remote origin, and push the code.
- Create the Build Pipeline
- Create a new Azure Build Pipeline in the classic editor.
- Add the appropriate tasks to copy and publish the ARM template to the artifact staging location.
- Create the Release Pipeline
- Create a new release pipeline in Azure DevOps.
- Use the artifact created in the previous objective.
- Create the necessary task to deploy the ARM template.
- Make sure to create a service connection using the service principal provided.
- Ensure that the service connection is used within the release pipeline task.