In this lab, we’ll create an NFS server, as well as create and export a file system. We’ll then configure an NFS client, mount the file system from the server, and check our mount statisitics.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install, Enable, and Start the NFS Server (Server1)
- Install the NFS package.
- Start the NFS server package.
- Enable the NFS server package.
- Create the File System and Change the Required Permissions
- Create the file system.
- Change the file system permissions to the requested permisisons.
- Configure the File System to be Exported, Export the File System, and Verify the Exported File System
- Configure the file system to be exported.
- Export the file system.
- Verify the file system was exported.
- Add the NFS Client Utilities to the Client Server (Server2) and Mount the File System
- Install the NFS client utilities.
- Mount the NFS file system.
- Verify the mounted file system.
- Check the Mount Statistics
- Verify there are no errors in the mount statistics.