In this lab, you will be provided with a CloudFormation template that requires a few configuration changes to various resources within the existing CloudFormation stack to include EC2 instances, security groups, and IAM instance profiles.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Modify the Provided CloudFormation Template
A CloudFormation stack has already been created in our account but requires additional changes to adhere to policy.
Please perform the following updates on the existing stack:
- Change the configured EC2 instance to a t3.nano instance type.
- Modify the EC2 instance to use the new
- Add a rule to the instance security group to permit incoming HTTP traffic from all sources.
- Deploy the CloudFormation Template
Successfully deploy the CloudFormation template after making all changes. Verify the stack shows a status of
After the stack has finished creating, configure the stack for accidental deletion protection.
- Verify That Stack Resources Reflect the Updated Configuration
Navigate to your CloudFormation stack and verify that the instance type, security group, and role association have been modified. After ensuring the stack has completed the update process and termination protection is enabled, perform grading.