In this lab, you’ll look at the SSH client and server options that work together to make secure connections, including the `ssh_config` and `sshd_config` files. You’ll view the file configurations and make some changes that ensure `root` users are not allowed to sign on via SSH.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Establish a Remote Administration Session to a Lab Server via an SSH Tunnel and the VNC Viewer App
- Establish a secure SSH tunnel from your local system to the lab server.
- Find and install the VNC viewer application for your host operating system.
- Connect to the remote server via the VNC viewer application and show how it’s a remote desktop session.
- Change the session graphics quality and speed.
- Connect to the Remote Lab Server and View the Remote Administration Configuration Details
- Connect to the remote server via the command line and run the YaST tool with options to show the configuration of the Remote Management module.
- Restart the vncmanager service if problems occur with the remote administration service.