In this hands-on lab, we will create a nested stack from the templates provided. We will use the two templates to create a nested stack that will implement a child template, which will then create an S3 bucket with a policy of no retain. This child template can be reused repeatedly whenever an S3 bucket of this type is needed.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an S3 Bucket and Upload a CloudFormation Template to It
- In the S3 console, click Create bucket.
- Give the bucket a unique name, and accept the defaults to create the bucket.
- Upload the provided
noretain.jsonCloudFormation templates to the bucket using the Upload button.
- Create a Nested Stack from the CloudFormation Root Template
- In CloudFormation, run stack creation with the CloudFormation root template.