Installing and managing services is one of the first things a Linux Server Administrator should learn how to do. Setting up a reverse proxy server can help with balancing the server load throughout your datacenter, increase security by reducing the number of servers exposed to the internet, and reducing the bandwidth used through your datacenter. In this lab, you’ll be able to install, configure, and test a reverse proxy server using Nginx.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install and Configure Nginx so that it is configured as a reverse proxy for your other server.
- Verify the application server is serving data as expected.
- Install the
- Configure the
nginxsoftware to reverse proxy.
- Verify the service is using your changes by restarting it.
- Test the configuration, ensuring pages are served from your second server.
curlto verify that the data being output from the application server matches the data being output from the reverse proxy server.
- Double-check the data using your web browser to make sure the page renders correctly.