In this lab, you will be provided with a server that has Jenkins pre-installed but not fully configured.
As part of this lab, you will need to configure it for first use. Once configured and you can access the GUI, you will create a job that performs a task.
Once created, you will then run that job to ensure it works and produces output.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log In to the Provided Server
Log in to the server as
cloud_userwith the provided password to ensure you can log in. When the file
SERVER-READYis shown in the
/home/cloud_userfolder, then you can follow along with the tasks.
- Log In to the Jenkins Instance on Port 8080
The supplied CentOS 8 server has Jenkins pre-installed. Use the same username and password as the provided server to log in to the GUI.
- Configure Jenkins for First Use
- Connect to the provided Jenkins server at port 8080.
- Configure the Jenkins server for first use by adding the key as mentioned on the initial landing page, creating a user called admin, and then installing the default plugins.
- Create a Job Using the Jenkins GUI
- Your task is to use the Jenkins GUI and create a Job. Use the XXX job type.
- You will need to do what is required to create a job that examines the
/var/log/messageslog and shows the contents as the output for the job.
- Run the Job and Examine the Output
The output from the job should show the contents of the
/var/log/messageslog. If you see this output, then the task is a success and you may close this lab.