In this lab, we are going to use Data Pipeline to copy DynamoDB data to an S3 bucket as a backup. We’ll learn different ways that this can be done with DynamoDB and Data Pipeline to create backups of the DynamoDB data.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Copy Subnet ID
Before we can create a data pipeline, we’ll need the ID of the S3 bucket that we are going to output data to. In a web browser, navigate to S3 in the AWS console. We’ve been provided with a bucket. Click into that bucket, and copy the ID up near the top of the screen (it should start with cfst-).
- In the VPC console, select Subnets.
- Copy the Subnet ID that has an internet gateway attached to its route table.
- Create Data Pipeline
- Add a name.
- In Build Using a Template, under DynamoDB Tables, choose Export DynamoDB Table to S3.
- Under Parameters, add a table named LinuxAcademy
- Select the provided S3 Bucket.
- For IAM Roles, choose the long IAM role provided with this lab for both the Pipeline Role and the EC2 instance role.
- Select Edit in Architect.
- Click into the optional fields, and paste in the Subnet ID.
- Update Core Instance Type and Master Instance Type to m4.large.
- Under Activities, set the Resize Cluster Before Running to false.
- Save the pipeline
- Activate the pipeline.