Cron jobs are a tool that help admins automate things. The downside is that configuring them across hundreds of systems is a daunting task. Ansible has a module to help here as well. This lab will help you understand how that module is configured.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Write a Playbook to Create a Weekly YUM Update Job in Cron
Your playbook entry for this job should look similar to this:
- cron: name: "Weekly YUM Update" special_time: weekly job: "/usr/bin/yum update -y"
- Write a Playbook to Execute /usr/bin/status on Reboot
This section of your playbook should look like this:
- cron: name: "Reboot Status" special_time: reboot job: "/usr/bin/status"
- Write a Playbook to Execute /usr/bin/faillock_report at the Required Time
This section of the playbook should look like this:
- cron: name: "Faillock Report" job: /usr/bin/faillock_report weekday: "1,3,5" minute: "30" hour: "7"