For this hands-on lab, you are required to bootstrap the ACL on the provided server (which is in development mode). Then set the token from the bootstrap in order to perform commands. The Consul Agent already has the ACL stanza setup.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log in to the Provided Servers
- Log in to the server using the credentials provided.
You will receive an error when you performing consul commands due to ACL’s being enabled.
Note: It may take several minutes after the lab has started before Consul is ready for use.
- Bootstrap the ACL and Obtain Management Token
- Create a bootstrap token to obtain management token.
- Use Management (Bootstrap) Token with Consul Members Command
- Use whatever method is appropriate to obtain the information provided by the Consul members command.
- List the Consul members.
(Note: If you get no response or there is an error, then you are not using the management token.)