Hey there, Gurus! Welcome to the lab! In this lab, you will demonstrate how to set up a small EKS cluster and deploy two NGINX nodes using Terraform. As an admin, you have been asked to deploy a simple EKS cluster running to NGINX nodes to test out a new web application. You will need to first use Terraform to deploy the EKS cluster, and then deploy the NGINX nodes with Terraform. Once confirmed they are working, you will then delete your cluster with Terraform.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Configure the AWS CLI
1) In the terminal, configure your AWS CLI using the AWS Access Key and AWS Secret Access Key provided with the lab credentials.
2) Change to the ‘lab-terraform-eks’ directory.
3) Review the Terraform configuration files.
- Deploy the EKS Cluster
1) Initialize your working directory.
2) Deploy your EKS cluster.
3) Configure ‘kubectl’ to interact with your EKS cluster.
4) Confirm the cluster is up and running.
- Deploy the NGINX Pods
1) Download the lab_kubernetes_resources.tf file from the GitHub repo.
2) Review the new configuration file.
3) Deploy the resources to your EKS cluster.
4) Confirm the deployment was successful.
- Destroy Your Cluster
1) Delete your cluster and all its resources.
2) Confirm deletion.