Hey there, Gurus! Welcome to the lab! In this lab, we will demonstrate the usefulness of adding output variables to your configuration and how they can be used to collect data about resources in your infrastructure. In this lab, we will first deploy the virtual network to test deploying to the new Azure test environment, along with a subnet. You will then add some output variables to a file to output the virtual network name and the subnet name, expanding on your configuration and adding some outputs that you can use later to easily access these values. Once you have finished testing, you will then destroy your test infrastructure.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Deploy the Infrastructure
1) In the CLI, download the lab-azure-outputs.zip file from the lab GitHub repo: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxacademy/content-terraform-2021/main/lab-azure-outputs.zip
2) Unzip the
3) Change to the
4) Review the Terraform configuration file.
5) Add the labs Azure Resource Group name to the configuration.
6) Initialize the working directory.
7) Apply the Terraform configuration.
- Add the Outputs Variable File
1) In the CLI, download the
outputs_azure.tffile from the lab GitHub repo: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxacademy/content-terraform-2021/main/outputs_azure.tf
2) Review the
3) Apply your changes to the infrastructure.
4) Inspect the ouput of your
5) Confirm your outputs can be displayed whenever needed.
- Destroy the Test Infrastructure
1) Destroy your infrastructure after successful deployment.
2) Confirm destruction.