You have a Node.js application that you’d like to integrate using Jenkins. Instead of deploying to Azure from Jenkins though, you need to hand over the build artifacts to Azure DevOps to complete the deployment. Perform the necessary steps to create a CI process on the Jenkins server and the CD process in Azure DevOps.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Azure DevOps Organization
- Log in to the Azure Portal using the provided credentials.
- Search for Azure DevOps from the services menu.
- Create a new organization and project named "MyFirstProject".
- Set up Jenkins Server
- In the Azure Portal, go to virtual machines and copy the Public IP of the jenkins virtual machine.
- Paste the public IP in a new browser tab followed by
- Log in to the Jenkins server via SSH and copy the initialAdminPassword.
- Paste the password into the Jenkins installation wizard.
- Continue with installing Jenkins with the suggested plugins installed.
- Create CI Build
- Create a new freestyle project.
- Fork this GitHub Repository: https://github.com/linuxacademy/content-az400-lab-resources.git
- Paste in your GitHub URL, run
npm install, and archive the artifacts.
- Verify that the build was successful.
- Create CD Pipeline
- Create a service connection for Azure Resource Manager using the provided service principal.
- Create a service connection for Jenkins and use the credentials you created during the Jenkins installation.
- Create a new release pipeline and deploy the artifact from Jenkins to the existing Azure WebApp.