In this hands-on lab, we will walk through proper ways to update CloudFormation stacks. We will first update a stack with direct updates, and then use change sets to update a stack. In the process, we will create multiple change sets and view the behavior of the stack when a change set is applied.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Deploy a LAMP Stack Using an AWS CloudFormation Template
- From the CloudFormation console, click Create stack.
- Upload the LAMP stack template provided with the lab, and create the stack.
- Update the LAMP Stack
- From the CloudFormation console, click Update stack.
- Perform a direct update in which you change the instance type from
- Complete the update.