In this hands-on lab, you’ll be working to configure an iSCSI Target on a system using the YaST utility, including the preparation of the disk device to be shared and ensuring that the LIO iSCSI Target service is set up and running. You’ll then configure an iSCSI Target on your LIO iSCSI Server, confirm it’s working as expected using several utilities, check the configuration file’s details, and then configure the iSCSI initiator or client system to connect with the iSCSI Target and make the disk resource available on the client.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Configure a Disk Resource as an iSCSI Target
- Confirm a disk resource for use.
- Set the partition table type.
- Configure a raw partition on the disk.
- Verify target server presence and IQN naming.
- Configure an iSCSI Target for Client Usage
- Connect to Server2.
- Configure the iSCSI Target for use.
- Confirm the Target’s availability.
- View the JSON configuration file details.
- Configure an iSCSI Initiator with a Target
- Discover Targets using iSCSI utilities.
- Configure the iSCSI client using YaST.
- Test connectivity using iSCSI utilities.
- Query disk-related utilities for info.