In this lab, we will be learning about how to set alerts for activity from Azure Pipelines. In this scenario, we will be creating an Azure Pipelines build release and then configuring Microsoft Teams to receive the notifications for it, which will help with collaboration accross the development lifecycle.
You should be familiar with the following:
* Azure DevOps Repos
* Azure DevOps Pipelines
* Microsoft Teams administration
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Azure DevOps Build Pipeline
- Create an Azure DevOps organization.
- Once the DevOps organization is created, navigate to Organization Settings > Security > Policies, and make sure that the Third-party application access via OAuth setting is On.
- Import the ASP.NET Core application code into your project.
- Create the build pipeline.
- Configure Microsoft Teams
- Create a Team in Microsoft Teams.
- Add the Azure Pipelines application to your team.
- Subscribe to notifications for your build pipeline.
- Test Notifications
- Start a build release in your pipeline.
- Check Microsoft Teams to see if a status update notification is received.