In this lab, we provision a Cosmos DB account, learn how to create containers, populate a container with items, and set appropriate partition keys for our data.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Configure the Environment
For this first task, we need to provision a Cosmos DB account with the following parameters:
- Core SQL API
- (US) West US Region
- Do NOT Apply the Free Tier Discount
Then open the GitHub link and review the table to determine possible keys:
- Create a Container and Populate It
- Create a new container with 1000 throughput and set "City" as a partition key.
- Name the container testcontainer.
- Populate the newly created container with the JSON file:
- Once this is complete, create a second container with 1000 throughput and set "Test" as a partition key.
- Populate this new container with the same JSON file.