You are deploying a database and application using Azure DevOps, but you don’t want to store the database passwords within the repo or within the pipeline. Use Azure Key Vault in the release pipeline to read a secret for the deployment.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Azure DevOps Organization
- Log in to the Azure Portal using the provided credentials.
- Search for Azure DevOps from the services menu.
- Create a new organization and project named
- Create Build Pipeline
- Create a new GitHub repository
- Import the code from this GitHub Repository.
- Create a pipeline in Azure Pipelines, using the code from the
- Add a Key Vault resource in Azure, giving access to the service principal.
- Create the Release Pipeline
Create a new release pipeline to deploy an Azure WebApp, including the key vault secret deployment.