In this lab, we will create and configure an instance of Azure Synapse Analytics. In addition to basic provisioning, we will explore Synapse Studio and learn how to find sample data and scripts, learn how to create SQL pools, and explore how to allow other Azure services and resources to access our new workspace.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Provision an Azure Synapse Account
- Create a Synapse workspace.
- Create a new Data Lake Storage Gen2.
- Configure security credentials.
- Set up firewall to allow access to Azure services and resources.
- Access Synapse Studio
- Open Synapse Studio.
- Access sample data in Synapse Studio.
- Access sample scripts and learn how to employ them in Synapse.
- SQL Pools
- Create a DW100c dedicated SQL pool.
- Access your newly created SQL pool in Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Pause your SQL pool to avoid cost overrun.