In this hands-on lab, we will provision a Gen 2 Azure Data Lake instance, create folders in the data lake, and implement a zoned folder structure.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Provision a Gen2 Azure Data Lake Instance
- In the Azure dashboard, click All resources > Add resources.
- From the Azure Marketplace, select Storage > Storage Account.
- Create a new storage account.
- Use the following settings:
- Name the storage account "adlsample".
- Select the existing resource group.
- Set the location to (US) Central US.
- Set the performance level to Standard.
- Set the account kind to StorageV2.
- Enable the Hierarchical Namespace option.
- Implement a Zoned Folder Structure
- In your storage account, go to Storage Explorer.
- Create a file system named "test".
- Create two folder zones: "Raw" and "Processed".
- Under your "Raw" folder, create the following folder structure:
- Application 1 > 2019 > Jan > 01