In this hands-on lab scenario, you are a lead engineer working at Gurus United Technologies. Your manager needs your help with reviewing an application which may have poor performance. We will use Amazon CodeGuru Profiler to review the live application for possible bugs. We will then configure profiling agents on Lambda and review the visualization that is produced from Amazon CodeGuru.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a Profiling Group
- Navigate to Amazon CodeGuru.
- Create a profiling group.
- Select Lambda for the compute platform.
- Configure Profiling Group with Lambda
- Set permissions by clicking Give Access to Users and Roles, selecting the Lambda role.
- Add the environmental variables into Lambda.
- Run and test the Lambda function.
- Confirm Lambda runs successfully and execute multiple times over 5-10 minutes.
- Review Profiling Information
- Navigate to Amazon CodeGuru Profiler.
- Open the profiling group.
- Explore visualization and recommendations.