Stratis is a local storage-management tool that is a technology preview in RHEL 8. Stratis is designed to be an easy-to-use solution that provides advanced storage functions. In this hands-on lab, we will manage layered storage using Stratis.
*This course is not approved or sponsored by Red Hat.*
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create and Mount a Stratis Pool and Test Functionality
- Query for available disks.
- Install Stratis and its tools.
- Prepare disks for use in Stratis.
- Create a Stratis pool and filesystem.
- Mount and confirm its function.
- Persistently Mount and Monitor a Stratis Filesystem
- Confirm Stratis pool and filesystem function.
- Configure Stratis storage to be available persistently.
- Confirm Stratis storage will be persistent.
- Use Stratis utilities to gather pool and filesystem information.
- Grow, Snapshot, and Recover a Stratis Filesystem
- Verify Stratis storage space.
- Add space to the Stratis pool and filesystem.
- Snapshot the Stratis storage.
- Mount and verify the snapshot.
- Delete data and use the snapshot to recover.