The applications team at Eucalyptus and Lavender, Inc. have requested an email account to test mail functionality with their application. Since this will be the first Linux email server for the company, you have been asked to install and configure a basic Postfix email server.
To complete this lab:
– Install, start, and enable the Postfix service, if needed.
– Configure the service with the following information:
– `myhostname` is `node1.mylabserver.com`
– `mydomain` is `mylabserver.com`
– Install `mailx` and send a test email to the cloud_user account to test your configuration.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install, Start, and Enable the Postfix Service, If Needed
Verify if the Postfix service needs to be installed.
Note: The Postfix service is already installed, started, and enabled by default on this Linux distribution.
- Configure Postfix and Restart the Service
Add the configuration key definitions to the main Postfix configuration file:
myhostname = node1.mylabserver.com
mydomain = mylabserver.com
Restart the Postfix service.
- Test the Service
mailxand send a test email to the cloud_user user account to verify the service.
Verify the email was sent.