You have been given an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template that may or may not contain JSON errors. You need to ensure that the code is clean in order to proceed with deployment. You can achieve this by using Azure Pipelines and adding linting to your pipeline.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Azure DevOps Organization
- Login to the Azure portal using the provided credentials.
- Search for "Azure DevOps" from the All services page.
- Create a new organization and project named
- Push Code to Azure Repos
Log in to the Linux VM provided with this lab.
Use the following command to clone the
armbranch of the repository:
git clone -b arm https://github.com/linuxacademy/content-az400-lab-resources.git
Remove the GitHub origin with the following command:
git remote remove origin
Copy the commands from Azure Repos to add the new remote origin and push the code.
- Create the Pipeline
- Create a new Azure build pipeline in the classic editor.
- Add the appropriate tasks to install JSONLint on your build agent.
- Run JSONLint and specify the