In this hands-on lab, we will connect to a server and install Webmin. Once Webmin is installed, we will change the default port, add a listener port to the configuration, and cycle the service. The last step of this lab will be to confirm Webmin is accessible on the newly-created port, log into the console, and create a Webmin administrative account.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Connect to the Server and Install Webmin
aptto install the Webmin package.
- Change the Default Port and Add the Listener Port
- Edit the
miniserv.confconfiguration file to change the default port. The new port value should be
- Add a new entry to the
miniserv.confconfiguration file for the
listenport and set the value to
- Cycle the Webmin service to pick up the configuration changes.
- Edit the
- Connect to Webmin Using the New Port
- Identify the public IP Address of the Webmin host.
- Launch a web browser from your system.
- Connect to the Webmin host using the Public IP address,
httpsprotocol and port 8080.
- Create a New Webmin Administrative Account and Assign the Account Privileges
- Select the Webmin Users module.
- Create a new privileged account for
Peter Gibbons (pgibbons)and set the password to
- Grant Peter’s account administrative access to all of the Webmin modules.