In this lab, we will explore utilizing on-demand and point-in-time recovery backups for DynamoDB tables. Additionally, we will create scheduled backups using Lambda. A DynamoDB table has been provided with a small amount of data to facilitate creating and restoring DynamoDB backups.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Enable Point-in-Time Recovery Backups, Create Manual Backup, and Start Restore of Manual Backup
- Log in to the AWS Management Console with the provided credentials.
- Navigate to DynamoDB.
- Select the
- Click the Backups tab.
- In the Point-in-time Recovery section, click Enable.
- Click Enable.
- To create a manual backup of the
PetInventorytable, click Create Backup.
- Once the backup is available, select it and click Restore backup.
- Create a Lambda Function to Perform Scheduled Backups
- Navigate to Lambda and create a Lambda function that creates a backup of the table(s) specified in the function.
- Create a CloudWatch events trigger for the function that triggers the function every 10 minutes.
- Verify Lambda Function Operation and Successful Table Restore
- Return to the DynamoDB console to verify backups are being created correctly by your function.
- Verify the table created from your manual backup has restored successfully. (This may take some time.)