In this lab, we will install and configure an Apache server and then configure it for Perl and CGI access.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install the Apache Web Server
Using the appropriate commands install the Apache Web Server.
- Explore the default configuration
Examine the default apache configuration file.
- Start and test the service and access the default site
Ensure the default Apache installation is working.
- Install the appropriate packages for enabling Perl on our site
Using the appropriate commands setup and enable Perl.<p>
NOTE: To install mod_perl outside of the Hands-On Lab environment you may have to
install the epel repo.<br/>
On a Centos 7 system this can be done via <br/>
<b>yum -y install epel-release</b>
- Enable the module configuration
Enable the module configuration on Apache.
- Create a CGI directory for our scripts
Create the directory for use with CGI.
- Add the CGI configuration to Apache
Update the Apache configuration for CGI.
- Restart the Apache server and test the Perl CGI script
Test that the CGI setup has been successful.