In this lab, we will install and configure an Apache server and then configure it for Perl and CGI access.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install the Apache Web Server
Using the appropriate commands, install the Apache web server.
- Explore the Default Configuration
Examine the default Apache configuration file.
- Start and Test the Service, and Access the Default Site
Ensure the default Apache installation is working.
- Install the Appropriate Packages for Enabling Perl on Your Site
Using the appropriate commands, set up and enable Perl. To install
mod_perloutside of the Hands-On Lab environment, you may have to
install the epel repo. On a Centos 7 system, this can be done with the following command:
yum -y install epel-release
- Enable the Module Configuration
Enable the module configuration on Apache.
- Create a CGI Directory for Your Scripts
Create the directory to use with CGI.
- Add the CGI Configuration to Apache
Update the Apache configuration for CGI.
- Restart the Apache Server and Test the Perl CGI Script
Test that the CGI setup was successful.