In this lab, we use the Azure Portal to examine the components that make up an Azure QuickStart virtual machine template to gain a better understanding of the JSON template file structure.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Access the Azure Portal
Launch the Azure Portal:
- Open an incognito or private browser.
- Launch the lab.
- Use the supplied username and password to connect.
- Run the Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Quickstart Template
- Select Create a Resource.
- Click Windows Server 2016.
- Supply a virtual machine name.
- Supply a username and password.
- Complete the steps to finish the template.
- Download the template.
- Questions: Identify the Azure Templates Components
Try to answer the following questions:
- What is the schema and version?
- How many parameters are there?
- How many variables are there?
- Where would one change the name of the virtual network?
- How many resources make up a Windows 2016 quickstart VM?