In this lab, you will be opening a file in Emacs and navigating a buffer by various Emacs keys and using a search function. In addition, you will select a region of text within a buffer. Basic knowledge of opening files, along with searching and moving in Emacs, is recommended. Upon completing this lab, you will know how to open a file in Emacs, use basic navigation keys to move around a buffer, search text, and select a region of text.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Open the File /tmp/emacs_navigation
- Start Emacs
- Using Emacs, open the file
- Test Emacs Movement
- Jump to the end of the buffer.
- Jump to the start of the buffer.
- Move by word to the end of the first sentence in the buffer.
- Jump to the beginning of the first sentence in the buffer.
- Test Emacs Incremental Search
- Use incremental search to find the phrase "Hello Gurus".
- Test Emacs Region Selection
- Select all the text that follows the phrase "Hello Gurus".