In this hands-on lab, you will enable TLS encryption on a 3 node cluster. You will be provided with three server agents that are already part of a cluster in the dc1 datacenter. You will need to create the CA (Certificate Authority) and the certificates for the server agents. Then configure each of the server agents to use TLS with the certificates you created. Finally, you will then test to ensure TLS is working between the server agents.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log in and Verify Servers Are in the Same Cluster
- Log in the server using the credentials provided.
- Ensure all agents are in the same cluster.
- Create the Certificate Authority
- Using the appropriate commands, create the CA in order to create the TLS certificates.
- Create the Certificates for Server Agents
- Create the required certificates to encrypt the communications via TLS.
- Configure the Server Agents to Use TLS and Check the Logs to Confirm
- Configure all the server agents to use CA (Certificate Authority) and the server certificates.
- Restart Consul agents on all the servers.
- Verify the logs are showing TLS is ‘true’.