In this hands-on lab, we will use the Azure Portal to create and connect to an Azure virtual machine. We will log in to the Azure Portal and create a virtual machine. Then, we will connect to the virtual machine via RDP. Finally, we will use the Azure Portal to stop the virtual machine. After completing this lab, you will have gained the experience required to create and connect to your first Azure virtual machine.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log into the Azure Portal
- Log in to the Azure portal using the credentials provided on the lab page. Be sure to use an incognito or private browser window to ensure you’re using the lab account rather than your own.
- Create a Virtual Machine
- In the Azure Portal, navigate to the Virtual machines dashboard.
- Create a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter – Gen 2 virtual machine with the following settings:
- Resource group: Select the pre-provisioned group from the dropdown
- Virtual machine name: acg-firstdeploy
- Region: Select the same region as the lab-provided resource group
- Image: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter – Gen 2
- Size: Leave as the default size
- Username: acg-admin
- Password: Admin123456!
- Connect to the Virtual Machine
- Download the RDP file and connect to the virtual machine.
- Stop the Virtual Machine
- Sign out of the virtual machine and stop it using the Azure Portal.