Your team needs you to create and test a webpage on a Compute Engine instance using repeatable code. They would like to use Deployment Manager, since they have heard great things about it. You have been tasked with this objective!
In the end, you will have to spin up an instance with a test webpage, and access the page to confirm it works.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Copy Your Deployment Manager File into Your Directory and Modify the Template
- Initialize Cloud Shell Terminal.
- Copy the yaml template to your current directory with
gsutil -m cp -r gs://acg-gcp-labs-resources/deployment-manager-basic/* .
- In Cloud Shell Editor, open the
- On line 5, change the instance name to acloud-html.
- On lines 8 and 31, replace
YOUR_PROJECTto your actual project ID.
- On line 24, change "Welcome to your custom website." to Welcome to Acloud Guru.
- On line 25 change "VERSION 1" to Welcome all cloud gurus.
- Save the file.
- Deploy the Template
- In Cloud Shell Terminal, deploy the application with Deployment Manager.
acloud-htmlinstance is available in Compute Engine.
- Find the public IP of the instance, click on the IP address, and you will be sent to the HTML page to confirm it’s working.