A critical step in software development security is to deploy secure apps. In this hands-on lab, you’ll use the Container Scanning API to identify security vulnerabilities within a container image and deploy that image on GKE.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Enable Container Scanning
Enable the Container Scanning API service using the GCP console.
- Docker Pull, Tag, and Push the Image
Docker pull, tag, and push the DVWA Docker image to the Google Container Registry.
Hint: The Docker image is located at
- View Vulnerabilities
View the container security vulnerabilities using the Container Registry service.
- Deploy App on GKE
- Enable the Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) service using the GCP console.
- Create a Kubernetes cluster in autopilot mode.
- Deploy the container on GKE.