AWS CloudFormation Designer (Designer) is a graphic tool for creating, viewing, and modifying AWS CloudFormation templates. With Designer, you can diagram your template resources using a drag-and-drop interface, and then edit their details using the integrated JSON and YAML editor. Whether you are a new or experienced AWS CloudFormation user, AWS CloudFormation Designer can help you quickly see the interrelationship between a template’s resources and easily modify templates. In this hands-on lab, we will use the drag-and-drop capabilities of CloudFormation Designer to create a full web architecture.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an AWS CloudFormation Template and Stack with CloudFormation Designer
- Use CloudFormation Designer to create a CloudFormation template for deploying an Amazon EC2 instance.
- Once the template is completed, click Create Stack to create key pair as well as the stack and deploy resources within the stack.
- Create and Test the Web Server
- Upon stack creation completion, go to the Outputs section of the stack, and use the URL listed to browse to the web server.