In this lab, you will be creating a Kubernetes cluster using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). You will create the cluster through Google’s Cloud Shell.
You will learn how to easily create a cluster with just a few commands.
Understanding how to create your cluster through the command line will give you the advantage of having granular control over your cluster and understanding exactly what’s going on under the hood.
For this lab, you should have a basic understanding of Kubernetes. This way, you have the basic knowledge and skills to comprehend what you will be achieving in this lab.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a Two-Node Cluster
- Create your first cluster.
- Launch Google Cloud Shell and connect to the cluster.
- Deploy the Voting App
- Launch the Google Cloud IDE.
- Paste the provided YAML code into the deployment file.
- Deploy the app through Cloud Shell.
- Verify that the app is working.