In this hands-on lab, we will use CloudFormation to provision a basic infrastructure environment with an EC2 instance. There are many different basic infrastructures you could build with CloudFormation, and this lab is just one example. We will complete several objectives throughout this lab, including creating an EC2 key pair, using a CloudFormation template to deploy a basic infrastructure with an EC2 instance, and finally logging in to the instance via SSH to demonstrate the CloudFormation stack provisioned and deployed the environment correctly.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an EC2 Key Pair and Use the Provided CloudFormation Template to Provision an EC2 Instance
- Create the key pair.
- Create the stack using the following CloudFormation template and add the newly created EC2 key pair as a parameter. Please Note: Template must be copied into the template tab (on the bottom of the Cloud Formation Dev screen) with JSON selected.
- Deploy the sample network configuration stack.
- Use the EC2 Public IP Address and the Terminal to Ping the Instance
- Log in to the newly created EC2 instance via SSH to verify the CloudFormation template successfully provisioned and deployed a basic infrastructure.