In this lab, students are asked to deploy a MongoDB server on Google Cloud Platform. After completing this lab, students will have hands-on experience with deploying Compute Engine instances in GCP and installing a self-managed MongoDB instance.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Connect to the Google Cloud Platform Web Console
Use the login information provided in the lab to connect to the web console in an Incognito or Private browser window.
- Deploy a Compute Engine Instance
Deploy a computer instance named ‘mongodb’. Choose the default region and zone and e2-medium machine type.
- Connect to the Instance and Install MongoDB
- Connect via SSH using the cloud console.
- Install the GPG key from https://www.mongodb.org/static/pgp/server-5.0.asc.
- Create a repository file with the following contents:
deb [ arch=amd64,arm64 ] https://repo.mongodb.org/apt/debian buster/mongodb-org/5.0 main
- Install the
- Start the
- Connect via