In this hands on-lab, you will learn how to set up the Azure environment in order to create and deploy an Active Directory domain controller on an Azure virtual machine from scratch.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a Virtual Machine
Create a virtual machine with the following parameters:
- West US region
- Windows Server 2022 Datacenter image
- Standard B2s size
- Administrator account username and password (which will be used to log in to the virtual machine for configuration)
- Standard SSD OS disk type
- Attach a Data Disk
Attach a data disk for the Active Directory database and SYSVOL. The disk should be Standard SSD, 32 GB, and no host caching.
Then, make sure that the IP is static and grab the subnet information for the virtual machine’s virtual network to use when configuring the virtual machine.
- Configure the Virtual Machine
On the newly created virtual machine:
- Configure the drive for SYSVOL and Active Directory database.
- Add the Active Directory Domain Services role.
- Create a new forest (
corp.sandynetworking01.com) and promote the server to a domain controller.
- Complete the SYSVOL and Active Directory database configuration.
- Add a new Active Directory site named
- Create a new subnet using the virtual network’s subnet copied earlier and assign it to the
- Move the server from the
Defaultsite to the